In this Section
October 16, 2012
Craft Beer Market will Open in the Salt Building*
* (Directly from the press release.)
CRAFT Beer Market, Restaurant + Bar is a premium casual restaurant with fresh local food made in house, classic music, friendly atmosphere and Canada’s largest selection of draft beer. “We are passionate about fresh local food and fresh local beer and are looking forward to sharing that passion with Vancouver,” says company president PJ L’Heureux. “CRAFT will be a great place to gather the family for dinner, have a business lunch or simply raise a pint with friends.”
• Original wood structure from 1930, high ceilings, historic trusses and vintage feel
• Open concept kitchen
• Private room and mezzanine level for special events
• Certified LEED Gold Building
• Largest LEAF Certified Restaurant in Canada (Leaders in Environmentally Accountable Food Service)
• Seating capacity 350
• Ample parking in underground parade across the street
• Canada’s largest selection of draft beer - over 140 beers on tap
• 250 kegs in house that hold 5000 gallons of beer (over 19,000 liters of beer!)
• Over 3 kilometers of draft lines
• Half a million dollar state of the art draft system
• New North American classic cuisine
• Locally sourced fresh produce and meats
• Gluten free, peanut oil free and vegetarian options
• Signature menu items like fast food sushi, beer can chicken and Bier-A-Misu
• Saturday/Sunday brunch
• Extensive wine list and cocktail menu
“With 140 taps, CRAFT Beer Market will have Canada’s largest selection of draft beer,” says General Manager, Scott Frank. “We’ll have everything from classic lagers to new beers from local microbreweries. At CRAFT Beer Market we’re creating a non-pretentious environment for people to learn about beer and experience new styles and flavours.”
Executive Chef Paul McGreevy is looking forward to sharing his menu of New North American Classic Cuisine. “These are timeless comfort dishes and traditional pub favourites mixed with modern fare and innovative combinations,” says McGreevy. CRAFT Beer Market’s culinary lineup will also have considerations for gluten-free, peanut allergies and vegetarians.
CRAFT recently received its Level 1 LEAF Certification making it the largest restaurant in Canada to receive this designation. This was achieved through a sustainable waste management program of composting, recycling and using biodegradable containers and paper products as well as incorporating Ocean Wise seafood options and using local producers whenever possible.
Keep up to date on what’s happening with CRAFT Beer Market by visiting them online at www.craftbeermarket.ca where you can subscribe to their e-newsletter. Follow them on Twitter @CRAFTbeeryvr or become a Facebook fan at /CRAFTBeerMarketVancouver.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
CRAFT Beer Market, Restaurant + Bar is opening the doors to the Salt Building to neighbours and friends for a sneak peek at their restaurant. Get a first look at the proposed new concept for the iconic Salt Building in the vibrant Village on False Creek.
“The Salt Building has so much history and is one of Vancouver’s most unique and prestigious buildings and we are excited for the opportunity to pay homage to that history with our concept,” says L’Heureux. “The Village is really coming into its own and we want to invite residents and businesses in the area to come down and introduce ourselves and our vision for the Salt Building.”
OPEN HOUSE – Saturday, October 27, 2012
12 – 4pm
Salt Building, 85 West 1st Avenue
*Sample great food, wine and craft beers from some of Vancouver’s best local producers and breweries
*Tour the building and learn about CRAFT Beer Market’s vision for the space
*Meet the neighbours!
*Bring the family - face painters and giveaways!